You can quickly leave this website by clicking the “EXIT SITE” in the top right or by pressing the Escape key.
To browse this site safely, be sure to regularly clear your browser history.
Eastman Community Music School
We believe that music is not only an essential part of a quality education, but also a powerful contributor to quality of life. George Eastman created the Eastman Community Music School (ECMS) in 1921 for the enrichment of the residents of greater Rochester with the expectation that this experience should be available to everyone, regardless of age, musical background or ability to pay.
The Eastman Community Music School, in collaboration with members of the collegiate division faculty, strives to:
- Introduce students of all ages to the joy and discipline of music
- Provide a rich environment that supports each student’s musical participation and enjoyment
- Develop a solid foundation for the young musician aspiring to a professional career
- Present opportunities for lifelong musical experiences
- Offer ongoing development for teachers and other music professionals
Suite 321 Messinger Hall, 10 Gibbs Street
Rochester, NY 14604
Suite 321 Messinger Hall, 10 Gibbs Street, Rochester, NY 14604